The United States Military Academy Library empowers our cadets, faculty, and staff to be leaders of distinction in scholarship and research by providing:
- teaching and expertise in the discovery and application of scholarly information;
- access to information supporting the curriculum and independent research;
- a place to engage with knowledge, ideas, and one another
The United States Military Academy Library embraces and advances scholarship, research, and excellence through information service in a digital world while equipping future leaders and scholars for the Army and the nation.
The United States Military Academy Library upholds the values of:
- SERVICE: We approach our work with an attitude of service to our cadets, our community, and our nation.
- EXCELLENCE: We challenge ourselves and those around us to always pursue in excellence in everything we do.
- INTEGRITY: We are rooted in the ethics and values of our profession. We are strong, consistent, and principled in our work and service.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: We embrace and seek diverse and inclusive representation in our work and our organization.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We strive to make resources available, accessible, and engaging.
- TEAMWORK: We work together and support, encourage, and equip one another as individuals and as a team.
The United States Military Library affirms these priorities as strategic directions for our services, collections, resources, and organization. We will:
- BROADEN ACCESS: Our community and our nation is stronger through broadened access to quality information to support scholarship and research.
- BUILD RESOURCES: Outstanding scholarship and research depend upon evolving and future-focused collections that will answer the questions of today and tomorrow.
- INSPIRE THE CORPS OF CADETS: Through their leadership, our cadets will inspire future generations of American soldiers and citizens and we will equip them to be critical scholars and researchers.
- LEAD THROUGH INNOVATION: We best serve our community when we embrace agility and capability through investment in our staff and facilities to continually build and lead a library for the future.