The USMA Library pays for The New York Times for all cadets, faculty, and staff. To get access, you have to register for an academic pass. This subscription does not include Crosswords and the Times Insider.
Thanks to the USMA Financial Literacy Program, all cadets, staff, and faculty across the USMA enterprise now have access to the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) online platform.
1. Go to https://wsj.com/USMA
2. If you are not already logged in to USMA’s Office 365, you will be prompted to log in.
3. Once logged in, you will be redirected to a page to create your account. Your name and email should autopopulate, but if it does not make sure you use your westpoint.edu email address. Select your account type (student, staff, faculty), and create a password. Click “Create.”
4. The next page should say “Redemption Successful” and then redirect you. The redirect may not be to a page that makes sense. If that happens, go to https://www.wsj.com/ and try to log in. If your account was created, you will be able to log in. You will also receive an email confirming your account.
5. Once your account is created, you can use it online or on the WSJ app.
The USMA Library subscribes to the Armed Services and Government News database. This collection includes the full text of 18 periodicals and newspapers. Included is the Armed Forces Integrated Collection providing image editions covering all 4 main branches of the US Armed Forces: Air Force Times, Army Times, Navy Times, Marine Corps Times and Defense News, Armed Forces Journal, and Federal Times.
To find the image version of the Army Times (digital images of the printed version):
The Washington Post provides a complimentary subscription for members of the military and government employees with verified email addresses. This subscription provides free digital access to the website and app versions of The Washington Post.
The USMA Library does not provide access to the Washington Post. If you are having any issues with this subscription, contact their Help Desk for support.
The USMA Library pays for unlimited access to The Chronicle of Higher Education whether you are on campus or remote. Off-campus users will need to create an account to log in.
Chat with a librarian by clicking on the chat box on the upper right of the screen on most browsers
Submit a question to be answered through email.
Visit us at the Help Desk on the 2nd floor of the library
Plebes: Contact your Personal Librarian
Contact your Department’s Liaison
Call the USMA Library Help Desk at x8325
Computer Help: USMA IT Service Desk
Goldcoat support for Cadets: Goldcoats Contact Information